The Tall Grass Prairie National Preserve is just north of Strong City, Kansas, west of Emporia. The ranch wa. started in 1878 by Stephen Jones. In 1881 the limestone house was built.
This is the stone outhouse. It is a three holer!
It was a working ranch until 1996 when it became the 11,000 acre National Preserve.
Two of the Flint Hills photos were taken here.